“Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, and the labor of life reduce themselves.”
Edwin Way Teale
When the time comes to move from your home into smaller living space, having to deal with the logistics of packing, moving, unpacking, and resettling can be extremely stressful, both mentally and physically, and it can be quite daunting to decide what to keep and what to do with items that simply won’t fit into your new home.
We specialize in managing this delicate process, and over the years, we’ve helped countless individuals gracefully transition to senior living and retirement communities. Our senior move management experts work side by side with clients and their families to plan and manage every aspect of the move. Sit back and relax, and let Organizing Lives take care of everything so you can move with peace of mind.
What We Can Do For You
After an initial complimentary in-home consultation, Organizing Lives would support and guide you through the downsizing process by offering the following services:
- We simplify the process of decluttering by helping you decide what keep, then making a plan for the items that no longer fit into your lifestyle. We’ll make sure the items you no longer need go to the right place, whether that be to family and friends, on-line auction or a local charity. Our goal is to create an environment that’s filled only with items that are functional, meaningful and beautiful to you.
- We help you decide the most appropriate pieces of furniture to bring, creating a floorplan of your new home that fits the way you want to live. Our plan takes into consideration all your furniture and possessions to create a comfortable, functional, and safe new space.
- We will carefully pack up all of your treasures and possessions in preparation for your move day. We provide all the boxes and packing materials, and take care of all the move day coordination.
- We will source a trusted, reliable moving company on your behalf. We’ll be there when the movers arrive, and we will accept delivery of your belongings to your new home, ensuring your items are handled with care during the loading and unloading of the moving truck.
- We will then carefully unpack and set-up your new home; take a quick look around and you’ll see that the beds are all made, artwork is hung and all packing debris removed. We will ensure you are completely unpacked, comfortable and settled in by the end of the day.
“I cannot thank you enough for your understanding of how difficult it was for me to leave my home of many years, the home I shared with my dear husband. But somehow, with the placement of my mother’s artwork on the walls, my beloved clock, record player and music in a place of honour, you created a new home for me in my retirement suite. Your special touches are everywhere I look. What Organizing Lives offers goes far deeper than a service, and I am forever grateful.”
Get in Touch