Aging In Place
“There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.”
Aging In Place – Are You Ready?
To Age in Place means the capacity for any individual to safely, independently, and comfortably live in their own home. Does your home suit this lifestyle?
- Do you have unopened boxes in storage from your last move over twenty years ago?
- Are you storing your adult children’s belongings?
- Are you hanging on to that old toaster, outdated documents and now retired career-clothing ‘just in case’?
- Has your accessibility become a safety issue due to the clutter building up in your home?
- Has the once easy-to-navigate layout of your home become an obstacle course due to your limited mobility?
Maintaining Your Independence
Organizing Lives can help you prepare to live an independent lifestyle that doesn’t require you changing your address.
Our primary goal as we support Aging in Place is to maximize the quality of life for seniors. Our services include:
- Meeting with you in your home and together making a plan of how we will go through the process of organizing your home, enabling you to age in place safely and independently.
- Sort and organize your belongings to assist you in deciding what to keep, what to give to family/friends, what to sell, what and how to donate and what should be discarded or recycled.
Implement organizational systems to maintain your newly streamlined home and keep it running smoothly.
- Preparation and implementation of a floor plan for furniture placement, creating flow and plenty of room to maneuver.
- Ongoing support for your situation.
“By creating simple systems and clearing out spaces of no-longer-needed things, Organizing Lives helped to bring comfort, safety, mobility and the ease of daily living to our retirement suite, and ultimately, to our daily lives. The ability to control the day-to-day occurrences of our lives was crucial for us to safely age in place; now our most-used items, such as food, medications, clothing, and toiletries are easily accessible, in logical locations. I cannot say enough good things about these ladies, and their outstanding work is just a part of it. With my thanks and very best wishes.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Get Organizing and Downsizing Tips delivered right to your email and empower yourself to live your best life.
Get in Touch